Automobile & Motor Vehicle Accidents

If you or a family member has been involved in a motor vehicle and car accident, it is important that you obtain proper legal advice to ensure your rights are protected. If you have been hurt in a motor vehicle accident, you can make a claim to your insurance company for accident benefits. Any claim that you make is dependent on the situation surrounding your individual accident. In BC, there are two types of claims that injured car accident victims can make: – Accident Benefits Claims, also called NO FAULT CLAIMS – Tort Claims, also called the third party or AT FAULT. All drivers, passengers, and pedestrians are entitled to make a claim for accident benefits if they are injured in a motor vehicle accident, regardless of who was at fault.

Replacement Benefit (First 2 years): Up to a maximum of $400.00 a week. Eligible if you were earning income before the accident and are unable to return to work. Calculated by taking 70% of your gross income, commencing one week following the loss, for the first two years if you are unable to do your own job; thereafter if you are unable to do any job, until age 65 which decreases until death. Optional benefits may also increase the amount.

  • Benefit for Non-Earners: If you were unemployed at the time of the accident and suffered a complete inability to carry on a normal, active life, you may be eligible to receive a non-earner benefit.

  • Student Benefit: If you are a student who is unable to continue your education as a result of an accident, you may be reimbursed for expenses—such as lost tuition, books, room, and board, etc. — acquired before the accident occurred.

  • Medical and Rehabilitation Expenses: This benefit pays for medical expenses that may be required as a result of an accident. This benefit includes expenses that are not covered by any other medical plan.


Not sure if you have a case? Just let us evaluate it for you!